Thursday, May 30, 2013

Talking Teen Wolf: The Wait is Almost Over!


Oh my god you guys, it’s finally happening! The dawn of Season 3 is finally upon us, come Tuesday morning there will be no more speculation, no more worry, all that will be left to do will be to survey the damage left by the premiere. There is just so much to talk about but let’s be honest most of us are over the spoilers and speculation and ready to move forward towards a brighter Teen Wolf filled future. But in case you missed the plethora of information we received this week here’s the low down.



First let’s talk about the teaser clip that was released, I’m talking about the one with the birds. This is the second teaser clip we received – the first being the fight between Derek and Kali – but this one has the fandom a little more divided. Personally I enjoyed the clip (all the Stydia friendship feels) all though I am growing increasingly worried about Lydia’s storyline for this season.


The basics – Lydia and Stiles are having another loud conversation about supernatural stuff in the middle of a crowded classroom and everyone is pretending not to listen. This is where Stiles says: “something’s coming, something bad” and as we all know bad things happens in three’s. The first two bad things have something to do with Lydia and the local Beacon Hills fauna. Then, ironically, the classroom is attacked by a swam of birds.

Things worth noting – the class they are in is English and they’re apparently studying Heart of Darkness (poor buggers) but more importantly their teacher is Ms Blake (Haley Webb) who is rumored to be Derek’s love interest. I’m not going to tell you anything but I will say that things may not be exactly what they seem… or maybe they are exactly what they seem.

The other big thing of the week was the Back to the Pack special, which aired on MTV on Monday night. Basically it was a recap of the first two Seasons but it also talks about where each character is at heading into Season 3 so it’s well worth a watch. It’s especially interesting to watch Posey and Hoechlin talk about their characters because it just reinforces the fact that if they sat down and had a long talk they would be able to sort out most of their problems (you want the same things dickheads). Hearing Crystal talk about Allison is pretty awesome as well. If you’re not convinced then I present this image as an incentive to download this special for free on iTunes.

(Source)
Did I die and go to heaven because it should not be possible for someone to be that beautiful? It's not fair to the rest of us mear mortals. Not that I want you to take him away, because I have become accustomed to looking at his face... you can't take it away from me now. 


Other Bits and Pieces:
  • TV.com is running a This vs. That poll placing Teen Wolf up against another Summer TV fave, True Blood. Vote here.
  • If you’re not already following Melissa Ponzio (aka Mama McCall) on Twitter then you should rectify the situation immediately because she’s been counting down the days to Teen Wolf 12 Days of Christmas style.
  • My girl Brook, from the Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast team, wrote a guide on how to make your friends fall in love with Teen Wolf (I’ll give you a hint, the first reason is Stiles). You can read it here.
  • The Teen Wolf Tumblr posted an alternative version of Posey’s fish-out-of-water promo. Watch it here.
  • All your favourite Teen Wolf cast members, including Tyler Posey, Holland Roden, Dylan O’Brien, JR Bourne and Ian Bohen, teased what their characters will be up to in this official video.
  • Want a win a personalized vine from Tyler Posey well then Teen.com has you covered. All you have to do is tweet #TeenWolfPackPrize between now and June 12 and the prize could be yours. Read more about it here.
  • Speaking of Posey, according to ETOnline he will be guest starring in an upcoming episode of The Exes.
  • The always-lovely Holland Roden talks about Lydia’s journey, and working with Dylan over at Aol.
  • Holland was also interviewed for Examiner.com and apparently Lydia’s not the ‘mean girl’ anymore.
  • Eaddy Mays (aka the amazing Victoria Argent) tweeted a bunch of pics from the set of Season 2 while the Back to the Pack special was airing.
  • YoungHollywood visited the Teen Wolf set and Tyler Heochlin is a vault… or they keep him in a vault. Whatever you watch it here.
  • Le Noir Auteur wrote a lost of 6 things he learned from watching the first two episodes of Season 3.
  • Zap2it gave us 8 things to know about Scott, Stiles, Derek and more Beacon Hills faves in Season 3 including the fact that Stiles gets some love. He’s going to be interested in other people… but it’s Stiles so it’s probably not going to end well.


Tyler Hoechlin was interviewed by Collider.com. He discussed where Derek is at the start of Season 3 and what could possibly be in store for him over the next few months. He also talks about receiving instant feedback through social media (something I’ll be talking about in a bit). Here’s what he said:

Yeah.  It’s flattering.  I think there are some major pros and cons to it.  I would like, when people are watching the show, to just sit and watch the show and enjoy it.  There are a lot of people working really hard to put a show together, and sometimes it can get lost in that.  It becomes more about the interaction during the show than it is about the actual episode.  But at the same time, it is a great thing that people can interact and have those conversations.  Someone can throw up a topic, and then someone can open up a discussion and it’s immediate.  Millions of people can literally jump in on one conversation, and I think it’s a great thing.  As an actor, I try not to use it as a validation or as a resource for whether I’m doing a good job or not.  I think that plays with your head too much.  You just have to focus on what you are doing and your craft, and working with your directors and listening to your producers, writers and fellow actors.  That’s where that comes into play.  But, as a medium for people to have those discussions and talk about the show, it’s a great thing.

(Source)
Right so London MCM Comic-Con happened over the weekend and it was attended by Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed, Holland Roden, Daniel Sharman and Executive Producer Christian Taylor. There was a lot said and a lot of drama from what was said but in reality we didn’t learn much more than we already knew. If you’re interested you can read a transcript of the panel here otherwise let me give you the basics.

Basically, the Alpha pack isn’t all bad all the time. Tyler Hoechlin brought actual sunshine to London. There will be a whole new storyline for the second half of Season 3. Crystal would love to play a werewolf. There will be Sterek interaction but both characters will be noticing other people. Season 3 has a lot of ambitious water based stunts (apparently there’s an ongoing argument about who had it worse among the cast members). An extended version of the trailer was shown featuring Derek crying (I am really not prepared for that). And Hoechlin says that everyone thinks Derek is a lot cooler than he actually is.

An Open Letter…

A couple of people have asked me to mention the poor unfortunate soul that is behind the Teen Wolf social networking profiles. Friends and random strangers have been talking to me about it saying that must be a tough job and how well they’ve done during the hiatus. So this week’s open letter goes out to Matt for entertaining us and putting up with the crazies all hiatus long.

Dear Matt,

I guess I just want to say I’m sorry and thank you for being so fricken awesome at your job. Let’s face it, this column probably wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for you (also my non-fangirl alter ego wants to steal you to help certain people that should not be allowed near the Internet). Anyway I know that fandom can be a little (or a lot) aggressive but our hearts are in the right place – at least most of the time – and without you the hiatus would have been pretty bloody boring,

Seriously though dude I want to write essays about how awesome you (and whatever poorly paid interns you have helping you out) are at what you do (in fact that might be a thing that is already happening but that’s my non-fandom alter ego’s problem… I just want more pretty pictures of attractive people). Honestly I’m kind of in two minds, half of me is super jealous that you get paid to play with Teen Wolf fans and the other half just wants to point and laugh because better you than me dude. But psychological trauma aside, I just want to say that even though it might not seem like it sometimes we really do appreciate you and what you do. So thanks, you’re a better man than me.

Your friend,

UndieGirl

P.S. I’m thinking of starting a collection to help pay your therapy bills.

This actually brings me to my next topic of conversation… in which I tell you to play nice and remind you that behind Tumblr’s and Twitter’s and even blogs like this one there is a very real person with very real feelings. In order to prove this point I have made a video, so let’s talk about common courtesy shall we. 


Finally if any of you are throwing a Teen Wolf premiere party and you want to receive a special visit from Allison Argent herself (aka Crystal Reed) then this is your lucky day. Personally I know I’m not going to be fit for socialization during the premiere so there’s no way I’m going to enter.  I mean I really don’t want anyone seeing me crying alone in a dark room with nothing but a jar of Nutella and a bottle of wine for company. But if your plans are less creepy and sad then you should totally enter this competition and tell me all about it.


And that’s it… the next time we speak I’ll be talking about the premiere. If you’re wondering how I am going to survive it the answer is that I’m not but on the off chance I make it through I’ll be hanging out on Twitter and Tumblr after it airs so feel free to come join the squee.